Mini-gel electrophoresis kit
Kit version of our gel electrophoresis system for mini-gels. With the kit version you can make your own electrophoresis system. NEW: The gel electrophoresis kit is now available with your choice of either stainless steel or platinum electrodes and in six different color options. Pre-assembled units are also available (Cat # IMG-01).
- 5 x acrylic parts for making a 7x7 cm UV transmissive gel tray. The gel tray has slots for positioning 1 or 2 combs;
- 13 x acrylic parts for making an electrophoresis chamber;
- 5 x acrylic parts for making the lid for the electrophoresis chamber;
- 2 x 7.5" platinum wire electrodes;
- 2 x banana plugs, nuts and washers;
- 2 x 8-well combs. The kit comes with pre-assembled combs so you can skip ahead to Step 3 in the Instructables tutorial to begin assembly of the system.
- Applicator bottle plus syringe needle for applying the Weld-On.
- Pair of one red and one black 24" long banana cables for connecting the electrophoresis tank to a power supply (Pomona Electronics banana plug to banana jack cables).
Additional materials not supplied: